Hey, everyone, finally back after a bit of a hiatus. Computer crashed (took me a while to build a new one) and I started a new job, which is very busy this time of year. I have been averaging about 70 hours a week, so I haven’t had much time for this blog (let alone fixing my cart!!) Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with the emails and comments a little better in the future.
That’s all for now …
Well, the “New Acquisition” is already gone. Sold the Manco Dingo this morning. I hadn’t quite finished it yet, but someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Guess I’ll be on the lookout for another one soon. It was a fun little kart.
Sorry for the lack of recent updates, I’ve been quite busy, unfortunately, not with go karts. Hopefully, I will be adding more updates soon!! If anyone has any questions, or comments, please feel free to email me at CWCINC2@comcast.net.
I try to check this once a day, just to keep up.
I recently purchased my VERY FIRST Manco Dingo!! I’ve heard good things about them, and have always wanted to try one. This one was reassembled by some kid, who had everything wrong. Roll cage wasn’t spaced or mounted correctly, Throttle and Brake pedals were reversed, spindles were reversed, pitman arm on the column was cut off and welded to the front of the steering column, etc… Also, it had been sitting outside for quite a while, steering was froze, wheel bearings were froze, torque converter was all frozen up, gas tank was cracked, brakes were froze, and overall neglect (what did I get myself into??) I picked it up at a reasonable price, so I decided that all the work may be worth it. Here is the “before” picture, as I have yet to start on any of the work needed…
I will keep you posted when this project gets underway…check back!!
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago, just for a fun little project. Basically, it is a stripped down Chinese ATV (90cc) quad frame, which now has a BRAND NEW Briggs and Stratton 205cc engine on it. It has a 37t axle sprocket and 16″ tall tires. Centrifugal clutch is a 10t, which made the gear ratio way off. With me on it it wouldn’t go unless I got a rolling start first, and it was WAY too fast on the top end.
So, as an experiment I installed a jackshaft with a 22t connected to the clutch and a 10t connected to the axle. In theory, this doubles my gear ration. In testing I have found that even with me on it, it went MUCH better!! I rode in the grass and in the woods, etc… I believe it is a little too fast still, though. I have an 8t clutch I may try.
As of now, it is for sale. $240 OBO
*UPDATE* I guess I’m too cheap!! I put this out in my front yard, it didn’t last an hour! The first person to stop and look, took it for a “test drive” and bought it!
Finally got around to welding the new motor mount plates on the kart! Ended up putting the plate on top of the frame rails again (like it was) because it was much simpler. If I had mounted under the rail, like originally planned, I would have needed to build 2″+ spacers under the pillow blocks to get enough clearance between the jackshaft sprocket and the axle sprocket.
Quick and easy master cylinder mount and linkage. Probably not going to stay here, but, I don’t want to put it behind the pedal right now because future plans include a steering rack and I wouldn’t want this to be in the way. At least now it will be usable for testing purposes.